Friday, September 10, 2010

After a long, hard week

It would be so nice just to be able to come home and have a glass of wine and chill out, but no, I have to be allergic to raw alcohol. I don't believe my allergist when he tells me there is no such thing as an allergy to alcohol. If that is true then why do I have the exact same reaction when I drink alcohol as I do when I have a reaction to my allergy shots????

Well, I guess I just have to deal with my stress the best I can, so I'll turn to cooking and baking. This week I felt like adding gelato flavors to the fridge. We are down to just 3 different flavors. I made up some chocolate base using a 53% chocolate from Sweden. The base was sooooo good it tasted just like chocolate brownies. I will have to thank my brother-in-law for that lovely gift of chocolate he brought me.  Tomorrow, I think I will turn the plain base into a nice refreshing lemon. I'll have to make some lemon cookies to go with it, of course.

I'm also thinking it is time for a batch of tequila cupcakes. These are so yummy I am forever in debt to Joanne Weir for sharing this recipe. I only hope I have some left to share with my fellow tequila cupcake lovers at school on Monday. They could use a couple, too. If this year doesn't get settled down....we'll all end up weighing 300 lbs.

Oh well, never trust a skinny cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment